Colony Blog Posts
- Category: Colony
- Published: Monday, 06 April 2015 12:01
- Written by Jamie Cunningham
Hey everybody! Made some really good progress over the weekend!
- Worked out the Planet Class - The Planet class is a Blueprint that will be randomly generated across the galaxy, each planet will have a random texture and size, random number of elements, and a random style of life (or no life at all)
- Worked out randomly generating planets - at the start of the game a specified number of planets are randomly generated at random locations across the galaxy - since each planet also randomly generates it's own elements and life each game will really be totally unique.
- Planet "Discovered" indication - I wanted to have a way to make sure that you know you've discovered a planet or not, for now, when you discover a planet, I put a blue ring around the planet that makes the planet easier to see from a distance to mark it.
Here's a few screenshots!